Monday, March 12, 2007

the numbers

Okay. I've taken the plunge and weighed myself. It took some real courage, and it's taking even more to write it down for all the world to see. Haha. Let me restate that: it's taking even more to write it down for the one or two people who may stumble across my anonymous page to see. That's right, y'all. I'm brave. So here goes.

I weigh 206. Yikes!

No wonder I look so unwieldy. My 5' 5" frame can't support a weight like this. Some people carry their weight well. Not me. My double chin is huge, and it just sits right on my face, which is small so it looks even bigger by comparison. I really don't know where I can store any more chin fat so I must do something about this because I really don't want to see how much more crazily deformed I can get.

Lest you think I'm storing all 86 excess pounds in my chin, let me assure you that I'm storing it all over, even in places I never thought I could put fat. I used to think I only gained weight in my thighs and hips and butt (ahh... what a naive non-fatty I was), and I sure proved my theory wrong. I ate and ate and ate and, of course, my hips expanded to their more-than-healthy current size: 49 inches. I think I kind of topped out there so now my midsection has taken on the job, quite proficiently I must say, since my waist has stretched to a lovely 42 inches. My thighs and arms have taken on their fair share. Even my ankles have stopped fighting it and are showing the signs of defeat. There's fat everywhere. Really.

So there. Some ugly measurements and a shocking-to-me weight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can relate to the double chin comment. I think it's genetic. In my family, everyone gets a double chin as soon as they gain about ten pounds over a normal weight. But for some reason, when you're losing it, the chin isn't the first to go. Your boobs are.

Life's just not fair.

I don't have a blogger account. So in case you're wondering who I am, I'll put my blog address under my name.

Debbie
http://www.ILoveToCheatDiet.com/blog