Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the return of a missing hairdresser

You guys are awesome!! Thanks so much for your input; it was exactly what I wanted to hear.

So this morning I got this email from ColorWonder. It's his response to my email saying that I already made an appointment with New Guy so I'm set for this time. I actually hesitated to post it for ten whole people to read, but I decided that it is my duty and obligation to share any further happenings with this story...

please do me a favor. please cancel your appt. normally i wouldn't ask, but [the salon] was stealing from me, thats why i left! also i could really use the money, i am so broke. if you don't want to cancel your appt, i understand. another reason i had difficulty reaching my clients, is [the salon] refused to give me my client's info and previous paperwork. its been terrible, and i am actually speaking to a lawyer about it right now. i will fill you in with all the juicy details...reguardless.

no matter what, i still care about you and be honored to do your do anytime.

sincerely,

[ColorWonder]

I already feel bad about posting the note, but I'm about to feel worse for tearing it apart...
  1. I probably shouldn't even bother to mention the errors because those are totally beside the point (although some of them are entertaining -- reGUARDless, for example).
  2. ColorWonder is obviously trying to be extra dramatic and guilt-inducing.
  3. If ColorWonder really was being stolen from, couldn't he have strategized his exit so that he collected all of his information before leaving? If it was something he planned, he should have had the upper hand. He's left a salon before and taken my contact info as well as my history with the color formula he used each time so why couldn't he do it this time too?
  4. ColorWonder has had my email address for several years. I would assume that it would be in his computer and easy to find (but maybe that's too logical).
  5. ColorWonder has even emailed me to get my new address after a recent move so I would think he could look up my email address or mailing address in his archives (again, maybe that's too logical).
  6. My phone number and address are listed so ColorWonder could have gotten them easily through information if he had really wanted to keep me as a client.
  7. If ColorWonder couldn't bother to call information, he could have called Scissorhands for my information since they are friends.
  8. I wonder why so many stylists stay at ColorWonder's salon if people are getting "stolen" from?
  9. I should mention that ColorWonder has a history of drug use. Recently.
So. I suspect ColorWonder is lying to me. If he had really wanted to keep me, he could have done that sometime in the last three months. I imagine he came to the salon late one too many times or showed up high or who knows what, and they asked him to leave. That would explain why he didn't get his client list. He's probably just hanging around in an unmotivated, drug-induced state and couldn't be bothered to try to do something logical and proactive to locate all of his clients in order to get him out of that "so broke" state he's in.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Regardless [sic hehe!], ColorWonder, I'm moving on.

2 comments:

i i eee said...

Is he British? Because then the "u" in regardless may be forgivable...but it not....

I agree. ColorWonder could have been more proactive with collecting his clientele's info. It seems rather fishy.

Stay with New Guy fo sho!

thrilled said...

OMG! I had no idea regUardless was the way the Brits spelled it.

Regardless, he's American as apple pie.