Sunday, April 1, 2007

no april fooling here

When I started this thing I'm doing, I decided to take my measurements once a month. The beginning was only a few weeks ago (March 12th), but I'm going to measure on the 1st from now on, just because it's an easy-to-remember date. Rent? Check. Measure? Check check.

Anyway, I was tempted, so tempted!, to report a bigger loss in inches than I actually observed because I wanted to be amazing and proud and things like that. I wonder if other bloggers feel this way sometimes. Do people embellish the truth just a little to come off more interesting? It's certainly a little tantalizing because, really, nobody would know. I could Get Away With It and so could you. After all, does it really matter? It's just a blog, for Chrissakes.

But! I also made a decision when I started this thing to be honest and real -- no sugar-coating or embellishment. I'm sure I could spin some fanciful stories that make my life seem far more interesting or more important or better in some way than it actually is. But so far I've succeeded in telling the truth, and I'm not going to let a little thing like a waist measurement spoil my blog integrity. Because if you don't have blog integrity, you don't have much in this world. Heheh.

Anyway, just to be sure that I don't feel tempted again I'm going to post a photo of my tape measure during the actual act of measuring my waist from now on.


That's it right there. And I should be proud. I don't have to embellish to make it seem important. That's a 1.25" loss in my waist in 20 days. (And oh wow! my belly skin look gross that close up.)

It's not a miracle number. It's not going to make people say, Wow! How'd she do that? But it's awesome nonetheless. I could still be at 42". Or worse, I could have grown even bigger. But I haven't. I haven't because I'm taking charge of this body, and I am smaller! I am shrinking! No matter how slow or fast, that is a Good Thing.

Here's a chart of my itty bitty progress so far with all the measurements I'm tracking.

1 comment:

digitalGoobie said...

Good for you for not trying to trick us! Honestly, it isn't going to change anything if you did - you're right, we wouldn't know. But it doesn't make the number you read any different at the end of the day, does it?

That's a fantastic job in under a month, you should be so proud. Actually, I've been considering trying the measuring thing out also.. just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe as I watch your progress I'll be inspired!